• Font Family
  • Font Settings

Submit an Enquiry, Service Alert or Formal Complaint

We will usually deal with your concerns as a Service Alert unless you tell us you want to make a formal complaint. We commit to dealing with Service Alerts more quickly. You can still make a formal complaint if you’re not happy with the response you get to your Service Alert. 

Making a formal complaint or Service Alert 

Service Alert 

If it’s the first time you’ve spoken to us about an issue, we will treat it as a Service Alert, unless you tell us you want to formally complain. We will respond to your Service Alert within 10 working days. 

Stage One Complaint 

You can make a complaint over the phone, by email, by letter, or by filling out a complaints form and sending it by post. Tell us what’s gone wrong, and our Complaints Team will investigate the issues you have raised. They will contact you by telephone to discuss your complaint and then formally respond to you within 15 working days. 

Stage One Review 

If you are unhappy with the Stage One response you receive, you should contact our Complaints Team within 1 month, explaining clearly the reasons why you have remained dissatisfied and what remedy would resolve your complaint. This is known as a Stage One review and will be responded to within 10 working days. 

Chief Executive Stage 

If you remain dissatisfied following the Stage One review you can ask that your concerns are looked at by the Corporate Customer Service Team at the Chief Executive stage of the complaints process.  

Your request will then be considered by the Central Complaints Team at Islington Council who will let you know if they intend to proceed with an investigation. 

Please note there is no automatic right to an escalation of your complaint to the Chief Executive Stage. If the Central Complaints Team decides that the complaint has been dealt with satisfactorily at Stage One, no further investigation will take place. 

Finally, if you still aren’t satisfied with the outcome, you can complain to the Housing Ombudsman Service: 

Housing Ombudsman Service 

The Housing Ombudsman (HO) is the final stage for complaints that have already been responded to as part of the internal complaint process. The HO resolves disputes involving the tenants and leaseholders of social landlords and voluntary members (private landlords and letting agents) who are committed to delivering good service for their tenants. 

Housing Ombudsman website: www.housing-ombudsman.org.uk/ 

You can also contact them at 

Housing Ombudsman Service 

PO Box 152

Liverpool L33 7WQ 

Tel: on 0300 111 3000 (Mon to Fri 9.15am - 5.15pm) 

Housing Ombudsman Complaint Handling Code 

The complaint handling code sets out a list of good practice that will allow landlords to respond effectively and fairly to complaints. As members of the HO service the council and Partnersl will comply with the set of procedures and carry out regular assessments of performance against the code. 

For more details visit https://www.housing-ombudsman.org.uk/landlords-info/complaint-handling-code/  

The Complaints procedure will not operate in these circumstances: 

  • Where you are reporting an issue to Partners for the first time.
  • Where you are reporting an issue to Partners that happened more than 12 months ago.
  • Where you are taking or have taken or appear likely to take legal action against Partners. This is because decisions reached by a court cannot be overturned.
  • Where you are pursuing your legal right to an independent arbitration service.
  • Where you are making an insurance claim against us.
  • Where you are disputing your Leasehold service charge or major works bill. We will deal with your concerns under our 'Service Charge Challenge' procedure.
  • Where you are complaining about a service that Partners do not provide