Our services during coronavirus
published on 25 March 2020

Information for residents

The safety of residents and our staff is our top priority as we work to continue to deliver essential services. 

Frequently asked questions (FAQs)

I am concerned that my neighbour is not following social distancing/isolating guidelines and is breaking the law, what should I do?

We have received several reports that residents are concerned about their neighbours not complying with Government guidelines.

This is not a breach of tenancy but a Police matter and should be reported to the Police. Islington Council have taken the same position. For more information on what can be investigated, please visit https://www.met.police.uk/tua/tell-us-about/c19/tell-us-about-possible-breach-coronavirus-measures/.

As this is not a tenancy breach, we are not able to take any action. We completely understand your concerns and share them, and want everyone to stay safe, healthy and help the national effort to help our NHS.

Approaching your neighbour

If you know who is causing the problem and you feel safe to do so, speak to your neighbour. Explain how their activity or behaviour is affecting you. They might not be aware and are likely to appreciate you letting them know. This approach can often help to build and sustain neighbourly relationships.

We've put together some tips to help you resolve problems with your neighbours, you can also download our 'Dear Neighbour' cards.

You can still report nuisance and harassment to us by contacting us on 0800 587 3595 or by emailing us enquiries@partnersislington.net or complete our online contact form here . If you think your neighbours are breaking the social distancing guidelines, then you should alert the Police by calling 111.

I want to see a member of the Housing Management Team – can I still make an appointment?

Our Housing Officers are classed as essential workers. They are all still available to speak to residents on the telephone, as are our Accounts Advisors and Anti Social Behaviour Officers, but face to face appointments are currently not taking place. Should you have an urgent issue you want to make us aware of, such as reporting ASB, any income related queries or you just want some information on the housing services we are currently providing, please contact us on 0800 587 3595 or enquiries@partnersislington.net and we will direct your enquiry appropriately.  

Why are Partners staff still working on the external decorations programme? 

You may have seen members of our Cyclical Works Team on site, working to complete the properties that are having their external decoration works carried out. These teams are working in line with the Construction Industry’s revised Site Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and only where the current social distancing directives can be observed. For instance, we will carry on painting the external areas – where no residents or members of the public are present, remove scaffold where works have been completed and also finish up existing works, where access to the internals of the property is not required and social distancing can be fully maintained.

If you see any issues with our staff observing the social distancing guidance on site, please contact us at enquiries@partnersislington.net or on 0800 587 3595.

I’ve seen Rydon and United Living vehicles still operating in the borough. Why are they still working?

Our Repairs Operatives and Heating (Gas) Engineers are classed as essential workers. They are still working within the borough, observing social distancing rules, ready to attend to any emergency and essential repairs.

Our Void Property Team are also still working on ensuring empty homes are ready to let, as quickly as possible. All our staff on site are using the required personal protection equipment (PPE), to enable them to carry out their work and all staff are observing the government guidance on social distancing.  

If you have an emergency repair to report but you are self-isolating or have a confirmed Covid-19 case in your property, please ensure you contact us. We will make arrangements to address the repair, in the most appropriate way, to protect our residents and our staff. Please contact us at enquiries@partnersislington.net or on 0800 587 3595 (Option 1 for Gas and Option 2 for Repairs).

Will customers get a rent payment holiday?

We collect rent on behalf of Islington Council, and we are currently in daily contact with Council officers to ensure we are informed about the Council’s response to this public health emergency. The Council relies on rents to deliver vital services for all council tenants, so it is important to continue to pay your rent. But please contact us if you run into difficulty. As we have always done, we will compassionately look at each case on an individual basis. We urge any customers who are struggling to contact us as soon as possible to discuss their situation.

What help is available financially to cover rents for people who have been laid off, have no money coming in, or on a reduced income?

We understand this is a difficult time. Please contact us as soon as possible to discuss your situation if you are having financial problems.

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has made temporary arrangements for benefit claimants impacted by coronavirus. Please check the DWP's information about coronavirus and claiming benefits page regularly for updates.

You can also get advice from Citizens Advise from this website, please click here

What are the arrangements for those having to self-isolate and go on statutory sick pay?

We will continue to follow government guidelines. If you are self-isolating and have concerns regarding finances due to receiving statutory sick pay, please contact us.

If you’re receiving benefits, the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has made temporary arrangements for benefit claimants impacted by coronavirus. Please check the DWP's information about coronavirus and claiming benefits page regularly for updates

Will you stop the eviction of anyone unable to pay their rent?

We are keeping Government guidance under constant review. Partners and Islington Council do not want to see anybody made homeless during this public health crisis. We will always explore every opportunity before eviction is considered as an option.

This is an uncertain time and we understand that there are residents who are experiencing financial hardship owing to coronavirus. It is very important that you get in touch with us to discuss your situation if you are struggling to keep your rent payments up to date.

Will those who are self-isolating only have emergency repairs?

Yes – emergency repairs only inside homes - to protect the safety of our staff and other residents. And to support the national effort to slow the spread of Covid-19, protect the NHS and save lives. We understand circumstances are difficult, but we need to ensure the safety of our staff and other residents. The repairs required will be reviewed on a case by case basis.

Can I still report issues to pest control?

Islington Council's Pest Control Team are only providing a limited pest control service for both council and Partners tenants during the lockdown period. This is due to the current health crisis and the safety risks to their Pest Control Officers, of contracting the virus or spreading the virus to other resident's properties, due to the high volume of properties that they normally treat daily. They have therefore ceased entering inside residential properties at this present time. They are still treating both communal and external areas if requested. However, they are still responding to any pest control issues that are considered serious Health risks or are detrimental to any vulnerable tenant’s welfare.

What are you doing to contact residents over 70 or vulnerable, and what support are you offering? 

Partners, Islington Council, the voluntary sector and mutual aid groups are working together to provide support. This could include help with getting food or medicine, online group activities or a friendly phone conversation. The Council has set up the “We are Islington” helpline on 020 7527 8222. Partners are attempting to contact residents we know are over 70 or vulnerable to see if they need help. But please don’t wait to hear from us if you need support, or if you’re concerned about a friend or neighbour: contact the “We are Islington” helpline on 020 7527 8222.

You can also email weareislington@islington.gov.uk

Minicom: 020 7527 1900.

Partners staff will be making calls to our older and vulnerable residents, over the coming weeks, for a chat and to see if they require any assistance

Age UK are providing the following services: Coronavirus updates & Wellbeing calling service.

This will run weekdays, 9am – 5pm.  Phone number: 020 7281 6018 

Are Partners continuing with the gas servicing?

Yes, the gas safety checks must continue, unless a household has a confirmed case of Covid-19. If the household is self-isolating, then please inform Partners so that the relevant steps can be taken to re-arrange the appointment as soon as possible

Domestic abuse support

Islington Council have produced a useful leaflet regarding domestic violence.

If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, please call the police on 999

Domestic violence and abuse services are still operating and if you are concerned about a resident, or for yourself or a colleague, please get in touch.

For some people being at home with someone who is abusive may not be the safest option. Call Solace on 020 3795 5070 or advocacy@solacewomensaid.org.

If you are concerned about one of our tenants, please contact us on 0800 587 3593. Or, if you are concerned about a child, please contact Islington Council’s Children’s Services Contact Team on 020 7527 7400.

Do you need NHS guidance translated?

You can read the NHS translated guidance provided by Doctors of the World by clicking here

Islington Council’s Helpline

For news on Islington Council’s new ‘We are Islington’ helpline and what the Council are doing in response to COVID-19, please click here. 

Do you have a medical condition? 

Register if you have a medical condition that makes you extremely vulnerable to coronavirus.

For example, you’ll be able to ask for help getting deliveries of essential supplies like food. If you’re not sure whether your medical condition makes you extremely vulnerable, register anyway.

You can register yourself, or on behalf of someone else. Please click here.

Coronavirus Scams

Please be mindful when online shopping and answering calls. Click here for more information

Food storage

For useful advice to maximize food storage, please click here