When asbestos is in good condition and not damaged it is not a danger. Once disturbed and its dust gets into the air is there a possible risk to health. Do not tamper with or touch any asbestos material.
Always refer to your tenancy conditions before carrying out any improvements, repairs or DIY - you may need to get permission from us first.
- Don’t drill, sand or scrape anything you think may contain asbestos when you are carrying out any home improvements or DIY
- Don’t try to remove textured coatings from ceilings. Wash any areas of flaking paint before repainting
- Don’t try to remove old floor tiles or linoleum. Leave them in place and lay new floor coverings over them
I think I've found asbestos what do I do?
- Do not attempt to clean it up or repair it yourself
- Do not brush or vacuum as this will spread the fibers into the air.
- Contact us for advice.