When asbestos is in good condition and not damaged it is not a danger. Once disturbed and its dust gets into the air is there a possible risk to health. Do not tamper with or touch any asbestos material.
You can find out more about asbestos safety in your home on the HSE website.
Always refer to your tenancy conditions before carrying out any improvements, repairs or DIY - you may need to get permission from us first.
- Don’t drill, sand or scrape anything you think may contain asbestos when you are carrying out any home improvements or DIY
- Don’t try to remove textured coatings from ceilings. Wash any areas of flaking paint before repainting
- Don’t try to remove old floor tiles or linoleum. Leave them in place and lay new floor coverings over them
I think I've found asbestos what do I do?
- Do not attempt to clean it up or repair it yourself
- Do not brush or vacuum as this will spread the fibres into the air.
- Contact us for advice.