• Font Family
  • Font Settings

Making a complaint or suggestion

We are always ready to listen to your views on how to improve our services. 

At Partners we:

  • take complaints or suggestions seriously
  • investigate service alerts and complaints thoroughly to see what lessons we can learn and what improvements can be made from them
  • value you taking the time to tell us what you think of our service.

If you are unhappy with the service you have received from us, please contact us and we will do what we can to put things right as quickly as possible.

Making a formal complaint

Stage One Complaint

You can make a complaint over the phone, by email, by letter, or by filling out a complaints form and sending it by post. Tell us what’s gone wrong, and our Complaints Team will investigate the issues you have raised. They will contact you by telephone to discuss your complaint and then formally respond to you within 10 working days. 

Chief Executive Stage

If you remain dissatisfied following the Stage One Complaint you can ask that your concerns are looked at by the Corporate Customer Service Team at the Chief Executive stage of the complaints process. 

Your request will then be considered by the Central Complaints Team at Islington Council who will let you know if they intend to proceed with an investigation.

Please note there is no automatic right to an escalation of your complaint to the Chief Executive Stage. If the Central Complaints Team decides that the complaint has been dealt with satisfactorily at Stage One, no further investigation will take place.

Finally, if you still aren’t satisfied with the outcome, you can complain to the Housing Ombudsman Service. The Housing Ombudsman Service will investigate a complaint only after you have completed all stages of the local complaints procedure described above.

Housing Ombudsman

Telephone: 0300 111 3000 (lines are open Monday to Friday from 9:15 to 17:15)

Fax: 020 7831 1942

E-mail: [email protected]

Address: 81 Aldwych, London, WC2B 4HN

The Complaints procedure will not operate in these circumstances:

  • Where you are reporting an issue to Partners for the first time
  • Where you are reporting an issue to Partners that happened more than 12 months ago.
  • Where you are taking or have taken or appear likely to take legal action against Partners. This is because decisions reached by a court cannot be overturned.
  • Where you are pursuing your legal right to an independent arbitration service.
  • Where you are making an insurance claim against us.
  • Where you are disputing your Leasehold service charge or major works bill. We will deal with your concerns under our 'Service Charge Challenge' procedure.

Last Updated May 2022