Universal Credit

Universal Credit is coming

A reminder that Universal Credit is currently scheduled to be rolled out to all new claimants in Islington in March 2018.

Universal Credit replaces six benefits: Job Seekers’ Allowance, Income Support, Employment & Support Allowance, Housing Benefit, Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit.

Universal Credit is paid by the DWP to the claimant directly into a bank or building society account. You will need to have a bank or building society account, or an account with an alternative provider like a credit union, set up to receive payments.

If you do not have a bank or building society account and require information or help in setting one up please contact our Income Team on 0800 587 3595 or via enquiries@partnersislington.net

Even if you already have an account you may wish to consider setting up a new account – a ‘jam jar’ account - to help manage receipt of Universal Credit and payment of bills including rent. Please contact our Income Team if you require further information.

Tenants already receiving Universal Credit are reminded of their responsibility to inform the DWP of any changes in their personal circumstances as soon as they occur.

We will be publishing information in future editions of our Gazette and on our website in the coming months so please look out for updates.

For further information please see: